Now in it's 19th year, Real Radio 104.1's Kicks 4 Guns has grown to over 15 locations all around Central Florida involving law enforcement in 5 counties.
Kicks 4 Guns will take place on August 17, 2017.
Granting amnesty to citizens who want to get rid of weapons.
No questions asked - participants received Sneakers or Gift Cards in the exchange.
2017 Kicks for Guns Final Numbers - 752 unwanted guns off the streets of Central Florida!
- Clermont PD – 24
- Cocoa PD – 45
- Daytona – 72
- Kissimmee – 37
- Lake Co/Mt Dora/Eustis – 38
- Leesburg – 30
- Orlando – 40
- Orange County
- Sector 1 – 51
- Sector 2 – 39
- Sector 3 – 30
- Sector 4 - 50
- Ocoee – 19
- Osceola – 60
- Sanford – 38
- Volusia – 150
- Winter Park – 29
“The fact that Kicks 4 Guns has removed nearly 10,000 unwanted guns from the streets of Central Florida is an amazing testament to the listeners of Real Radio and their desire to make our community safer.” says Real Radio 104.1's Program Director, Jack Bradshaw.
2017 Kicks 4 Guns Locations
- Altamonte PD - Location TBD / Time TBD
- Cocoa PD - 1208 Dixon Blvd., Cocoa Directions 8a-2p
- Clermont PD - 2480 US 27, Clermont (Stormy Hill Harley) Directions - 7a - 2p
- Daytona PD - 308 S. Martin Luther King Blvd, Daytona (Dickerson Center) Directions - 7a - 3p
- Kissimmee PD - 2311 W. Vine St., Kissimmee (Big Lots) Directions - 7a - 7p
- Lake County / Mt. Dora / Eustis PD 15519 US Hwy 441, Eustis Directions - 7a - 7p
- Leesburg PD - 1745 US 441, Leesburg (Gator Harley-Davidson) Directions - Time TBD
- Orlando PD - Rio Grande & Church Street, Orlando (Camping World Stadium) Orlando Directions - 7a - 7p
- Orange Co Sheriff/Apopka PD - 445 W 13th Street, Apopka (John Bridges Center) Directions - 7a - 7p
- Orange Co Sheriff - 12050 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando (East Orange Community Ctn) Directions - 7a - 5p
- Orange Co Sheriff - 5218 Silver Star Road, Orlando (OCSO Mobile Command Post) Directions - 7a - 5p
- Orange Co Sheriff - 2719 S Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL (OBT Development) Directions - 7a - 7p
- Ocoee PD - 476 Ocoee Commerce Parkway, Ocoee (HighPoint Church) Directions - 7a - 4p
- Osceola Co Sheriff - 2501 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee (Tax Collector) Directions - 7a - 7p
- Sanford PD - 550 W 1st, Sanford (1st and French - Old CVS) Directions - 7a - 7p
- Volusia Co Sheriff - 815 S. Alabama Ave, Deland (Sanborn Center) Directions - 8a - 4p
- Winter Park PD / Maitland PD - 1350 W. Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park (Carey-Hand Cox Funeral Home) Directions - 7a - 3p
If you have an unwanted gun and unable to make it to a Kick 4 Guns location, the following agencies will come to your house to pick up your unwanted weapon.
Osceola Co Sheriff: 407 348 2222
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kinds of guns are accepted? Any and all guns are welcome. Pistols, shot guns, bb-guns, semi-automatics, rifles, etc.
- What if i have a BB Gun, will I still get a pair of shoes? Each location has it's own policy regarding BB Guns.
- Will I get a pair of shoes for every gun turned in? Rules vary from location to location. Best to contact the police agency that will be handling your drop off location for specific details.Please note - Kicks 4 Guns is not a dumping ground for local pawn shops to unload their unwanted guns. You will be turned away if you are pawn shop trying to do so.
- How do I transport my gun to Kicks for Guns? People walking or driving to the event are encouraged to place their UNLOADED guns in a sealed bag or box clearly marked Kicks 4 Guns. If you are stopped by a police officer, tell him or her immediately that you have a weapon in the car and are headed to the event. No one may enter the event carrying a gun. Guns are handed over to the police at the gate where they are checked, tagged and stacked.
- What happens if someone offers to buy my gun on the way to Kicks 4 Guns? Law enforcement discourages the sales of guns outside the Kicks 4 Guns venue.
- What if I don't have a gun and want to go to Kicks 4 Guns? Only people turning in guns and those accompanying them may enter the event. All others are required to remain outside the gates and view the event from there.
- What if I cannot make it to Kicks 4 Guns and have a gun I want to get rid of? Some counties will send a law enforcement officer to your house and pick up your gun. Please call - to make arrangements. Information above.
- What if my size shoe isn't available? Can I exchange at the donating retailer?People must choose from shoe stock on hand. There are no exchanges or refunds from donating stores. If a person turns in a gun and either can't find shoes in their size or to their liking, they may choose shoes for someone else or decline to take any at all. There are no other options unless your location is also offering gift certificates.
- What happens to the leftover shoes after the event? Shoes left over are traditionally donated to local charities or kept for use in next year's event.
- How can I make a monetary donation to Kicks 4 Guns? Click here to make a monetary donation to Kicks 4 Guns. Please make sure to note it is for Kicks 4 Guns.I have shoes/gift cards to donate I'd like to donate to Kicks 4 Guns. Click here to donate.
- I have ammo, can i drop off unwanted ammo at Kicks 4 Guns?Yes, you can drop off your ammo, but you won't get a gift card or shoes for the unwanted ammo.